Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Return of Life Inside The Internet!

Yes lovely friends, I'm back again!

This blog is taking on a new form and a new purpose.

Over the past few months I have been on a very crazy journey. I became very ill the beginning of summer and a relationship I thought was rock solid fell apart. After several ER visits, moving home and finding a new job I underwent gallbladder removal surgery. Post surgery to now I have lost 50 pounds. I still am struggling financially, big time, but I do my best to not let it hinder my motivation and determination.

I still craft and I do my best to cook. Sadly, while at home, cooking is less and less of a hobby for me. This is a hobby I greatly miss.

I closed my craft business in December of 2012. My focus is on myself, my health, and looking for a career.

I decided to revive this blog as a sort of journey blog. I wouldn't call it inspirational or "life changing". This is just a blog for people who maybe are living a life like mine. Maybe they're down on their luck, too. Or maybe they just wonder "how does she do it!?"

Ok, so what will I be posting?

Recipes and crafty ideas are still a foundation of this blog. You will also see photos from adventures around my beloved home of St. Louis, updates on my search for a career, and various thrifty adventures as I try to save money but still make the most of groceries and sales. Eventually, hopefully, you will see my adventures in apartment hunting and ownership and possibly even a few posts on "Ducky buys a new car".

But for now, my beloved readers, lets take this one day and one post at a time. Lets all make the most of what's around us in our lives and live just a little bit more.

So where am I beginning from?


  • Well, I am Ducky.
  • I am 28 years old. 
  • I live with my mother and step father in Saint Louis, Missouri.
  • I currently work for a restaurant chain, working few hours and for very little pay. But hey, something is better than nothing these days.
  • I have an excessive amount of medical and financial debt.
  • I am still battling GI issues and take regular medication. I also see a doctor every 3 months.
  • My wonderful boyfriend lives 100 miles away as he finishes school.
  • I currently weigh 180lbs. At my heaviest I was almost 230lbs.
  • I have a chemical imbalance in my brain causing depression and anxiety issues. I go to therapy 1-3 times a month depending on my needs.


Now that you see my baseline all of you will hopefully see these things improve as time goes on.
Step one being a better job; a career!

So wish my luck my wonderful readers. It will not be easy! But lets do this, together.

Tomorrow is always a new chance to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment