Thursday, March 29, 2012

Painted Button Photo Frame

I was looking for a way to present payment options at craft fairs. It needed to be something that draws the eye to it. I found this crafting idea while digging through some pins on Pintrest and figured I'd give it a try!
Pardon the paper on the inside being printed a bit lopsided. Our printer is having alignment issues lately.



Start with a blank, paintable frame that you can purchase at any craft store. I believe this one came from Hobby Lobby.

Remove the plastic photo protector from the front so that no paint gets on it.
You can begin painting the frame with any paints from your local craft store. For this project I wanted the frame to be visible instead of completely covered, so I wanted to pick a color suited to the theme.
If you're wondering, I used FolkArt's line of Shiny paints. They dry with a fantastic shine.
If you want to preserve your frame from water or the elements I recommend sealing it with a clear acrylic sealer. Make sure you do this step after the frame is completely dry (at least 12 hours) and that you do it outside.
Now the decoration process can begin! I have a ton of scrap booking buttons laying around that I purchased on a clearance rack some time ago. For this frame's use I just used Elmer's clear drying glue, but for those who's frame might endure a little bit of rough-housing I recommend super glue or hot glue, just in case.
 Make sure you let the glue dry completely for a few hours. Then it will be ready to use!
 Add your photo (or in my case, sign) and slide the clear protector back on. Now you're ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment